Mastering Data Driven Finance
Unlock the power of data in finance with our comprehensive Data Science & Analytics programs. Designed for firms seeking to harness the potential of data-driven insights; our courses focus on providing a core understanding of data science methods used in building models and acquiring hands-on experience with analytics tools.
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms.
Participants in our courses will not only be able to save hours by implementing custom-made solutions but also produce code that is intuitive and transferable within their teams.
With Training The Street’s Data Science training, you will be able to:
- Automate mundane tasks
- Gain deeper insights from big data sets
- Design visual dashboards for data communication
Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint are not enough to gain a competitive edge in Finance
While Excel and PowerPoint continue to serve as essential foundations for any skilled finance professional, today’s differentiator lies in data science and analytics.
At Training The Street our Data Sciences curriculum has been developed with the world’s largest financial institutions using real-world applications to gain a competitive edge from the use of Big Data.
Fluency in all programs is crucial for modern data analysts and financial professionals to stay competitive. To streamline your learning and kickstart your data science journey, the table below summarizes the most effective tools for specific financial and business use cases.
|Data Science Tools
|Automate Tasks in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
|Format tables, charts and presentations
|File and folder management
|Automate emails and reports
|Create customized functions for Excel
|Data retrieval for exploration
|Clean and manipulate large data (>1 million rows)
|Create relational data models
|Create interactive charts and dashboards
|Use visualizations to reveal insights about data
|Web scrape data from industry websites and APIs
|Forecast financial data with machine learning algorithms
Design Your Data Science & Analytics Program
From introductory short programs to in-depth multi-week programs and Continuous Development sessions, we work with you to create tailored training programs to ensure optimal learning outcomes.
Coding With Python
- 4 levels of Python training from introductory fundamentals to advanced machine learning algorithms
- Introduction to Python and Python Objects
- Python Data Structures and Control Flow
- Python Functions and Introduction to NumPy
- Data Manipulation with Pandas in Python
- Interactive Visualization with Python
- Linear Regression & Time Series Analysis with Python
- Web Scraping with Python
- Dashboarding with Python
- Classification Models with Logistic Regressions and Decision Trees
- Model Selection and Cross Validation in Python
- To learn more about our comprehensive Python offerings – click here
Coding with SQL and VBA
- Introduction to VBA and VBA Objects
- Advanced VBA Objects, Control Flow and Basic Looping
- Advanced Looping and Charting with VBA
- Debugging Techniques, File Management, User Forms and Functions
- Understanding SQL and Relational Databases
- Data Cleaning, Manipulation and Retrieval with SQL
- Data Aggregation and Analysis with SQL
Dashboarding with Power BI and Tableau
- Our dashboarding courses provide hands-on experience in designing and launching interactive dashboards and reporting with the software of your choice (PowerBI or Tableau)
- Connecting and Refining Data
- Building a Relational Data Model
- Data Visualization with Reports
- Our data storytelling courses provide a guide to translating good data into understandable, actionable insights using a narrative structure
- Exploring the Difference Between Exploratory and Explanatory Data Analysis
- Separating Data for Analysis Versus Data for Communicating Insights
- Storytelling Frameworks and Making Compelling Data Stories
- Crafting Compelling Data Storytelling Arcs
- Effective Data Visualizations
- Using Graphics to Reveal Insights About Data
- Using Animation to Increase Data Density
Experience The Training The Street Advantage
Training The Street’s Data Science & Analytics for Finance program stands as a comprehensive platform that not only educates but also equips professionals with the tools, insights, and expertise necessary to excel in the field of Data Science and Analytics.
- Expert-Led Instruction: Industry-leading instructors who bring a wealth of experience in both finance and data science, providing practical insights and real-world expertise.
- Augment Learning with AI: Our instructors provide best practices for using language models such as ChatGPT to help with writing code faster and expediating learning curve.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Covering financial data analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling techniques tailored specifically for the finance industry. Additional self-study data sciences courses are available to ensure mastery of concepts.
- Accelerated Learning with Interactive Training: Participants code along with instructors to gain practical experience through hands-on application of tools like Python, VBA, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI, enabling you to manipulate and analyze financial data effectively.
- Customized Learning Paths: Tailor your learning journey with customizable modules and resources, accommodating various skill levels and professional backgrounds.
Learn More About Data Science & Analytics Training
To dive deeper into our Data Science & Analytics programs, click below to book a free Data Science consultation. We’re happy to discuss content and training topics, duration, and delivery methods to provide a tailored Data Science and Analytics training solution to fit your team’s needs.