Learn techniques we teach around the world...
Developed with the working professional in mind, this 8 session course covers Financial Statement Analysis, Valuation, Financial Modeling, and Specialized Modeling. Each session runs from 6:30pm to 10:00pm (ET).
Case study based curriculum provides hands-on, real world, practical applications of the standards and methods that a professional needs.
Led by our experienced instruction team of former practitioners, you get a unique blend of industry insight combined with a passion for teaching. The average TTS instructor has been part of the team for 8.5 years.
What you will learn?
- Analyzing a company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Why bankers stress the importance of EBIT and EBITDA
- Calculation and decoding of financial ratios
- Normalizing for non-recurring items
- Calculating margins, growth rates, credit ratios
- Interpreting footnotes and management discussions & analysis
Public Comparables Analysis:
- Choosing a peer group and gathering public information (sources and SEC documents overview)
- Spreading comparables – calculating Market and Enterprise Value, normalizing for non-recurring items, inputting the numbers, LTM, calculating multiples
Acquisition Comparables Analysis:
- Choosing a deal list
- Concept of control premiums and synergies
- Sample transaction list
Discounted Cash Flow Analysis:
- Strengths and considerations of a DCF analysis
- Deriving a weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Discounting unlevered free cash flows
- Estimating the terminal value (exit multiple vs. perpetuity growth rate approach)
- Determining the valuation range
- Establishing modeling standards of consistency, efficiency and clarity
- Introduction to short-cut keys and other Excel settings for efficiency
- Creating flexible formulas, calculations and projections
- Auditing financial models
Building an Integrated Financial Model:
- Setting up and road mapping the modeling process
- Efficiencies with entering and analyzing historical financials
- Projecting revenues and operating performance
- Constructing the balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Forecasting operating/working capital
- Projecting PP&E and intangible assets
- Calculating cash flow from investing activities
- Forecasting other long-term items
- Building a detailed equity & shares schedule
- Understanding the core accounting relationships when building an integrated model
- Debt & interest schedule
- Setting up a “cash sweep” for excess cash and building complex deficit financing options
Trouble Shooting Your Model:
- Controlling for circular references, balancing models, and making the model “deal ready”
- Constructing and utilizing data tables to perform sensitivity analysis
- Using your model in a “real world” deal situation including a DCF application
- Overview of purchase accounting
- Allocating the purchase price and creation of goodwill
- Sample merger consequences impact: transaction assumptions, sources and uses, opening balance sheet, pro-forma income statement
- M&A transaction considerations (stock vs. cash, social issues, etc.) and their impact on the financial statements
- Break-even synergies and PE analysis
- Key concepts and analysis: accretion / dilution, pro forma leverage and coverage ratios
Leveraged Buyout Analysis:
- Concept of an LBO and de-leveraging
- LBO math
- Capital structure determination
- Utilizing a revolving credit facility and cash sweep
- The characteristics of the different debt instruments
- Differing viewpoints for LBO constituents
- Internal rate of return analysis
- Mechanics of constructing an LBO model
What Does A Day Look Like?
Who Is This Course For?
How Do You Like To Learn?
Flexible Learning Options
Our courses are available in both in-person or virtual classroom formats. If you learn better in your own space or traveling isn’t convenient, virtual is great solution. Either way, you get the skills and support you need to succeed.
See what our students say
Unlock your career potential
Training The Street has been teaching the biggest finance firms for over 20 years. To help unlock your career potential, we offer certificates to provide the recognition you deserve.
After you finish your course, you will receive a certificate which can be easily added to your LinkedIn profile.