Learn techniques we teach around the world...
The Undergraduate Boot Camp gives interns and undergraduate students the skills they need to excel in upcoming internships. The content is derived from intern training programs we deliver at top investment banks, asset management, and private equity firms. We teach real-world applications of finance theory in a way that brings corporate valuation and financial modeling to life, bridging the gap from theoretical coursework covered on campus. We focus on the valuation and financial modeling techniques used every day by experienced professionals, teaching them with the assumption of little to no prior knowledge. This allows both business majors and non-business majors to benefit from every aspect of the course.
Case study based curriculum provides hands on, real world, practical applications of the standards and methods that a professional needs.
Led by our experienced instruction team of former practitioners, you get a unique blend of industry insight combined with a passion for teaching. The average TTS instructor has been part of the team for 8.5 years.
What you will learn?
Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting Fundamentals and functional definitions
- Core Statements – key line items
- Interpreting footnotes and MD&A
- Cash Flow Statement (flow and categories, reconciling net income to cash)
- Calculating margins, growth rates, credit ratios
- Importance of EBIT and EBITDA
- Homework: calculate ratios
- Choosing the appropriate peer group and gathering public information
- Calculating market and enterprise value
- Normalizing for non-recurring items
- Calculating latest twelve months (LTM)
- Calculating relevant multiples
- Homework: spread comparables
Introduction to Financial Modeling
- Public comps homework review
- Overview and introduction to financial modeling
- Excel best practices and efficiencies
- Construction and application of discounted cash flow model
- Deriving an implied valuation range
What Does A Day Look Like?
Who Is This Course For?
How Do You Like To Learn?
Flexible Learning Options
Our courses are available in both in-person or virtual classroom formats. If you learn better in your own space or traveling isn’t convenient, virtual is great solution. Either way, you get the skills and support you need to succeed.
See what our students say
Unlock your career potential
Training The Street has been teaching the biggest finance firms for over 20 years. To help unlock your career potential, we offer certificates to provide the recognition you deserve.
After you finish your course, you will receive a certificate which can be easily added to your LinkedIn profile.