Learn techniques we teach around the world...
This intensive one day, hands-on workshop will benefit any professional focused on importing, preparing, analyzing and presenting data in Excel. The course will also focus on improving Excel skills and efficiencies via shortcuts and functions. We welcome all backgrounds and skill levels of Excel users.
A mix of microlectures and self-paced Excel exercises providing hands-on, real world, practical applications of the standards and methods that a professional needs.
Led by our experienced instruction team of former practitioners, you get a unique blend of industry insight combined with a passion for teaching. The average TTS instructor has been part of the team for 8.5 years.
What you will learn?
- Basic Excel setup including iterations & calculations settings
- Excel best practices, including common “shortcut” keys and other efficiency tips
- Best practices for building formulas (auto sum, filling, anchoring)
- Customizing toolbars in Excel (including adding icons to your toolbar)
- Auditing formulas and cell references
Working with Client Data:
- Text to columns
- Text functions within Excel: LEFT, RIGHT, UPPER, LOWER, CONCATENATE
- Lookup functions (XLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP)
- INDEX and MATCH Functions
- Analyzing data using SUMIF, COUNTIF, Nested IF, and SUMPRODUCT
- Pivot Tables
- Sensitivity analysis including data tables
- Conditional formatting
- Scenario analysis using CHOOSE & OFFSET functions
- Utilizing “named” cells
Introduction to Graphing and Visualizations:
- Introduction to Excel charts
- Basic functionality of charts
What Does A Day Look Like?
Who Is This Course For?
How Do You Like To Learn?
Flexible Learning Options
Our courses are available in both in-person or virtual classroom formats. If you learn better in your own space or traveling isn’t convenient, virtual is great solution. Either way, you get the skills and support you need to succeed.
See what our students say
Unlock your career potential
Training The Street has been teaching the biggest finance firms for over 20 years. To help unlock your career potential, we offer certificates to provide the recognition you deserve.
After you finish your course, you will receive a certificate which can be easily added to your LinkedIn profile.